Raw Envy

Vitality 2.0 - The Rebirth...

rebirth2.png

Hello Vitality community!

We apologise for the downtime that has occurred. The reason behind this is that we encountered a few issues with our primary partition on our storage system and due to some malfunctions, it has reverted a majority of the player files. Over the last 24 hours, we have regained a ton of data, however we were unable to fetch enough data to put us back to the latest date.  We have now setup redundant storage that will create backups on a separate server, so we can ensure that this won't happen ever again... With all of this taken under close consideration amongst the entire staff team, it has been heavily debated, compared and contrasted, and a final decision was made this evening, however, don't be upset! We have some great things in store for you all, and we believe that this will make us come back stronger than ever because of the amazing community and server that we have built together!

As a result of this event, we have decided to do a full reset to Vitality. This will be almost as if we are relaunching the entire server, however, ALL donations will be refunded in-game FULLY. In order to go about getting your donations refunded, you will be able to type ::claimdonation in-game and your items will automatically be delivered to you. All bans will also be revoked, so if you have any friends that were banned, they will now be able to play.

As a way of showing our sincere apology for this, we will begin to host events in a way that we can reward you. There will be a prize pool of 2 Billion OSRS Gold throughout the next few weeks for the events that we have laid out for you all. The type of events we will be hosting will be found down below and we hope you choose to participate.

Events:
- Daily 100m OSRS GP PvP Tournaments
- 30% Bonus Experience for 2+ weeks 
- 30% Bonus Wilderness Points for 2+ weeks  
- Streamer events and giveaways 

- First to Max as a Regular player - 200m OSRS GP
- First to Max as an Ironman - 200m OSRS GP
- First to Max as a Hardcore Ironman - 200m OSRS GP
- First to Max as a Ultimate Ironman - 200m OSRS GP
- First to 150 kills - 100m OSRS GP
- First to 300 kills - 200m OSRS GP
- First to 200m Experience in one skill - 200m OSRS GP
- First to receive a boss pet - 100m OSRS GP 

Game Updates:
We have also made significant changes to the way Vitality will function and be played as a whole, some of which you can find here: 

- Kill streaks now reward properly based on the amount of kills 
- 100% OSRS combat mechanics 
- Lottery system
- A brand new Wilderness event has been added 
- Kills above 30 wilderness reward extra gold and points 
- Lava Dragon Bones are sold for 200k instead of 85k 
- Wilderness Agility now gives 50-75 Wilderness points per completion 
- Mage Arena is now a profitable mini-game 
- NPC combat has now been reworked 
- Loads more (we will post a update log before we go live)

Release Time:
 Saturday - 8:00 PM GMT +1
Saturday - 3:00 PM EST

While we understand some of you might want to leave us, we urge you to reconsider and give us a chance. I promise you that there will be tons of fun events and times ahead! Things are going to be vastly different this time and we made sure of that by incorporating new content, tons of quality-of-life updates, bug fixes and of course a fresh economy to weed out any illegitimate items or gold that was previously circulating throughout the economy. This economy will be different compared to Vitality 1.0, so we would like to present Vitality 2.0 with new content, a new economy and a new start. We hope you choose to give us the second chance we have asked for, as we have learned from our mistakes on Vitality 1.0 and have implemented the knowledge gained to make a better Vitality 2.0.

Again, as much as we hate that this has happened and is a major inconvenience for some, it will hopefully be a great thing for the server in the long run. Our economy will flourish in ways it never did before and we hope you stick with us to see that promise fulfilled. 

More detail on updates and the events that we will host will be announced tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,

Vitality Management Team

• Like 9
  • Disagree 1

Things happen, its all good. Not only are you guys coming back, its with updates and tons of giveaways. tons of things to do, achievements to try to accomplish first. this is actually very exciting. Cant wait for the release. We will take it as a positive and try to get that osrs gold hehe. Thank you guys for coming back so quickly too im sure it was alot of work!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pkrocks said:

Things happen, its all good. Not only are you guys coming back, its with updates and tons of giveaways. tons of things to do, achievements to try to accomplish first. this is actually very exciting. Cant wait for the release. We will take it as a positive and try to get that osrs gold hehe. Thank you guys for coming back so quickly too im sure it was alot of work!

We, as a staff team, definitely appreciate it most when players have the same outlook as you do.

Looking forward to seeing you there. :^)

WMXlk5c.png

So glad I grinded my max cape and finished 2 days ago for this... shitty it happened but I'm not doing this all over again. Anyway we can get our donations back entirely? I'm sorry but I understand this isn't completely your fault, but whos to say this won't happen again? Good luck however on re-launch.

I was 4 levels away from my max cape and really don't want to grind that out again. I donated at least $120 bucks or somewhere around there. Even if i get my donations back they wont be worth anything cause its not like anyone will have the money to buy them anyways. I really would like to get a refund on my donations if possible but I doubt that will happen. Good luck on the new server but I just don't want to grind out all those levels again. 

• Thanks 2

Good bye server... I do not blame anyone leaving. we all knew this was coming, and this whole bs, about it being down, is so you guys could revamp into a "2.0 vitality lmao..."  I will say this now, they have not been working on fixing anyones profiles or restoring data..... they've been working on updates for a "2.0"  and say opps. sorry everything's gone, no one gets anything back like others have said, donations back for most people are useless... most people bought 100's$ in donations to sell to players... and what no ones going to buy that crap now, We all were super close to max gears, and max accounts and irons, and we all got shafted, because of shady staff... creating a shady economy and killing it... lets just say history always repeats its self, and if anyone is smart enough to see that, will not be coming back,

good bye.

love how the eco abusers, and dupers get rewarded for this fucking bullshit... so many people donated 100's$ in other players names... to get money, hah you fucked everyone, and let the people that fucked everyone fuck everyone more nice job 🙂

Edited by xjx
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HybridWolf said:

I was 4 levels away from my max cape and really don't want to grind that out again. I donated at least $120 bucks or somewhere around there. Even if i get my donations back they wont be worth anything cause its not like anyone will have the money to buy them anyways. I really would like to get a refund on my donations if possible but I doubt that will happen. Good luck on the new server but I just don't want to grind out all those levels again. 

I'm right there with you brother, i literally spent 4 days grinding max cape, achieved it 2 days ago, to come on today to see this.. I just can't be bothered and it's not fair entirely to keep peoples money if this is the course of action. I don't think this was the proper step as I can gaurentee we arent the only ones that feel this way. Hopefully a better middle ground is reached other then offering more drop partys and giveaways which will in turn, just start ruining the eco right away... Already falling back into the same toxic routine. wish everyone the best, i hope to see my money returned to me because of my choice aswell as yours.

I'm gonna stick around and keep playing but would it be possible for you guys to make donated items sellable to the donator shop for full price just for the first 24 or 12 hours or something so people that bought multiples of the same item originally to sell to other people can get at least some of the value of their donations back.

9 minutes ago, HybridWolf said:

While we understand some players will leave due to all of this, I encourage you to try it out again. I get not wanting to do all of that training again, but this time not only do you have incentives to do so (earning osrs gp as a result), you also have a clean slate and much more fun race to maxing an account. 

3 minutes ago, xjx said:

Good bye server... I do not blame anyone leaving. we all knew this was coming, and this whole bs, about it being down, is so you guys could revamp into a "2.0 vitality lmao..."  I will say this now, they have not been working on fixing anyones profiles or restoring data..... they've been working on updates for a "2.0"  and say opps. sorry everything's gone, no one gets anything back like others have said, donations back for most people are useless... most people bought 100's$ in donations to sell to players... and what no ones going to buy that crap now, We all were super close to max gears, and max accounts and irons, and we all got shafted, because of shady staff... creating a shady economy and killing it... lets just say history always repeats its self, and if anyone is smart enough to see that, will not be coming back,

good bye.

As stated above, we definitely understand that some players are going to jump ship.. But please don't make us out to be the bad guys here. This is an unfortunate situation, especially for us. This isn't necessarily what we wanted in an ideal situation. This is just the best option we had when all others were laid in front of us. Nothing about the staff is shady and we definitely didn't create the economy in a shady manner. We didn't even create it at all. Regardless, I hope to see you Saturday and if not, wish you the best. Hopefully one day soon you'll see why this was an unfortunate but necessary thing to do.

WMXlk5c.png

Just now, GoodMojo said:

I'm gonna stick around and keep playing but would it be possible for you guys to make donated items sellable to the donator shop for full price just for the first 24 or 12 hours or something so people that bought multiples of the same item originally to sell to other people can get at least some of the value of their donations back.

Anything previously donated for will be given back. If you're worried because, for example, you bought two Twisted Bows.. You will (fortunately, in my eyes?) have to hold on to them both, either until the economy is flourishing again or you maybe you want to give one to an alt account of yours/a friend to borrow. The only other thing I could see happening is you working something out with Trick or Raw Envy in order to change what you donated for, provided it's for something of equal value. Might not hurt to ask them, but it's unlikely they'll notice it here alone.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

WMXlk5c.png

5 minutes ago, Im Run said:

I'm right there with you brother, i literally spent 4 days grinding max cape, achieved it 2 days ago, to come on today to see this.. I just can't be bothered and it's not fair entirely to keep peoples money if this is the course of action. I don't think this was the proper step as I can gaurentee we arent the only ones that feel this way. Hopefully a better middle ground is reached other then offering more drop partys and giveaways which will in turn, just start ruining the eco right away... Already falling back into the same toxic routine. wish everyone the best, i hope to see my money returned to me because of my choice aswell as yours.

Donations will not be refunded outside of the game. This is, as you mentioned towards the end of your post, your choice and ours. It is agreed upon when donating that things are non refundable and despite that, we've still decided to refund things in-game due to the nature of the situation at hand. I'm truly sorry if that is something you're not willing to accept, but that's the only course of action we have that is feasible. 

WMXlk5c.png

1 minute ago, 52xp said:

Anything previously donated for will be given back. If you're worried because, for example, you bought two Twisted Bows.. You will (fortunately, in my eyes?) have to hold on to them both, either until the economy is flourishing again or you maybe you want to give one to an alt account of yours/a friend to borrow. The only other thing I could see happening is you working something out with Trick or Raw Envy in order to change what you donated for, provided it's for something of equal value. Might not hurt to ask them, but it's unlikely they'll notice it here alone.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

First off your unbanning all the eco abusers,.... Second off some one like me who has donated 100$+ under other player names get screwed i get nothing ZERO ZIPP ZILCH AND I HELPED DONATE TOO< BUT YOUR GOING TO REWARD THE ECO ABUSER< BY UN BANNING THEM AND ALLOWING THEM TOO ::CLAIMDONATION  on the 100$ I DONATED BECASUSE THEY GAVE ME A GOOD DEAL< NICE JOB>  SCREWED EVERY ONE AGAIN LIKE I SAID< SERVER IS GONNA DIE< BECAUSE YOUR TOXIC AF YOUR JUST FLOODING IN THE TOXICITY AND WELCOMING IT

1 minute ago, xjx said:

First off your unbanning all the eco abusers,.... Second off some one like me who has donated 100$+ under other player names get screwed i get nothing ZERO ZIPP ZILCH AND I HELPED DONATE TOO< BUT YOUR GOING TO REWARD THE ECO ABUSER< BY UN BANNING THEM AND ALLOWING THEM TOO ::CLAIMDONATION  on the 100$ I DONATED BECASUSE THEY GAVE ME A GOOD DEAL< NICE JOB>  SCREWED EVERY ONE AGAIN LIKE I SAID< SERVER IS GONNA DIE< BECAUSE YOUR TOXIC AF YOUR JUST FLOODING IN THE TOXICITY AND WELCOMING IT

Anyone that has broken serious rules will remain banned.

5 minutes ago, 52xp said:

Donations will not be refunded outside of the game. This is, as you mentioned towards the end of your post, your choice and ours. It is agreed upon when donating that things are non refundable and despite that, we've still decided to refund things in-game due to the nature of the situation at hand. I'm truly sorry if that is something you're not willing to accept, but that's the only course of action we have that is feasible. 

I can appreciate the sentiment but that's far from good enough. Are you even paying attention to what you're speaking on? or is your head just so far up their asses you can see whats going on? as said above, this course of action isn't helping or achieving anything, just extra grief. what a shame.

Edited by Im Run

This will reVITalize the game in my opinion. The economy was on a downwards spiral recently. New players would log in a see people selling Tbow, Scythe, etc. for 20b +, a crazy value when some new players think to go to revs and hope to make 7m / hr. I honestly don't think this will drive the players away as much as most people think, this will actually drive the player base up as the game will have many old players returning.

This is what is best for the long-term VITALITY of the server, and I support the staff and their decision.

I estimate 600+ on Saturday alone. Get ready for an unbelievable weekend.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

2042947003_337Signature.png.f53a96875d2160885da78fa2e9bc1a99.png