Sign in to follow this  
Han Solo

More Communication

I have noticed quite a disconnect amongst the Admin(s)+/Developer Team and it's community when it applies to suggestions.

There are many things that need to be altered to make Vitality much better than it currently is and with so much potential and community feedback we should be #1 or atleast the Top 5 on any top voting list, etc. This narrows down to the communication and we lack this completely. I hope to see a change eventually or we will inevitably repeat history.

My suggestions:

• Mapping of Home - We need someone to redesign our home location, it is so generic and unappealing that I have seen this done 100x over since the release of OS back in 2013. Servers continue to do this I feel and we could use a unique home location that hasn't been done before. Make the home location more accessible. I feel players are logging into an overwhelmingly amount of 300-400 players all running around Edgeville.

• Ingame Ranks - We have no way of distinguishing Ironman from normal players and it's very annoying to see. Staff member ranks are not even prioritizing over Ironman ranks when in Clan Chats or through PM/Yell Chat/ In-game Chat... This needs to change completely so that we see all 1-3 ranks at once next to names. (Donator Rank > Ironman Rank > Staff Rank)

• Less Staff Members - I am noticing a TON of staff members going inactive and or not even putting time into the community. This has been happening since the release and it fluxuates where we see a lot of demotions and promotions happening quite frequently. We need a dedicated staff team that will last. Me personally I do not think we need 6 Admins & 10 Moderators, half of these numbers should be needed to manage the server. 

• Less OS More Vitality - We emulate OS very well, but I do hope to see more unique content introduced that hasn't been done on every other RSPS since the existence of RSPS's (I've been playing them since 2008). We need wholesome content that really benefits and brings back the community, possibly add 4 seasons of Vitality.. during these seasons we will have specific events and or content introduced; Example.. we are currently in summer, this means we could have some sort of specific yearly content that lasts until September? Once the start of September begins we will launch Winter type content, etc.

• Remove ::setlevel command. - This needs to be changed ASAP, players having to reset their stats this way is so generic and such an old method, having an option to simply click the skill and editing the stats is much easier. We could also use a ::zerker ; ::pure ; ::max - command list.

There are TONS of suggestions that I have viewed in this suggestion section that deserves much more attention and it is not receiving it! I can almost guarantee this thread itself will not receive much recognition either, so please Staff Members.. take some time and develop the community's input on what we want to see.

Thanks.

1; I personally don't agree with this. I love some custom home areas, but most of them tend to fail pretty quickly, especially in situations like Vitality where we are predominantly a PvP server and rely on having Edgeville as a home area for quick and easy access to the wilderness just north of it.

2; I support having 2 rank icons. I think Donator should be the least prioritized, so my account for example would be HCIM -> Mod Crown -> 52xp. 

3; I agree with this a ton and know that a couple other staff members do as well. I do however see both sides of the equation and know that at some select points, the amount of Supports and Moderators we have is a necessity. This is mostly due to time-zones, though.. so I'm sure changes (or rotations, if you will?) could be made for the benefit of the server. I must say though, that I do love most of our staff team. But I will leave all bias out of this :^)

4; I agree with this as well. I'm not sure to what extent we could introduce unique things, but I personally have never been a fan of custom items and would therefore reject that idea. That being said, more custom events (namely non-PvP oriented ones, to balance things out) would be an amazing addition to the game.

5; Regular PvP accounts are able to click their combat skills to adjust them right now. They also have access to at least ::master and ::pure, to my knowledge (never tried ::zerker). That being said, I can see why making it a universal thing for any eligible game mode would be a common sense QoL update. 

• Thanks 1

WMXlk5c.png

19 minutes ago, 52xp said:

1; I personally don't agree with this. I love some custom home areas, but most of them tend to fail pretty quickly, especially in situations like Vitality where we are predominantly a PvP server and rely on having Edgeville as a home area for quick and easy access to the wilderness just north of it.

I agree, but there is always room for improvement. We have 25+ people Buying/Selling/Gambling/Teleporting in a 10x10 square radius. It's congested to the max IMO.

It seems that every OS pk based server has the same trend..

1. Add 2 bank booths next to wildy. ✅
  2. All Shops in General Store. ✅
  3. Slayer Master; always inside the Jail. 😂✅
  4. Either a purple/blue wizard or an object that is roaming in the center of edge used for teleportation. ✅
  5. G.E/Tp inside edgeville bank. ✅

All 5 of these are almost exactly in the same locations of 75%+ of any respectable Pk-based server.. it's very cliche and overused. It's like Vitality is appealing to recycled players from other servers who come here just to Pk?

Idk, maybe I am just ranting and tired of seeing the same thing repeated 100x in the last 10+ years. Vitality seems like it could be better than just a typical Pk Server.

Edited by Han Solo

1. I like the idea of a custom home, but at the same time I feel like this one is easier to navigate and helps the new players find everything with ease. Also this is a pking server with an economy so it makes sense everything would be based in edge.

2. I agree with the in-game ranks, but I don't think it should show 3 ranks if you have them.  I am a hc Ironman and sever support and it only shows my hcim status I think that should change though so people know that I'm support without looking at ::staff. 

3. I think the amount of staff we have works well we are all on different time zones and working irl jobs. So with a decent amount we can fill all slots of the day to make sure the players get the help that is needed.

4. I could support unique things but I'm not sure what they could do, because I definitely do not want to see a whole bunch of custom items comming into the economy. 

5. I agree with taking away ::set level they should just try to add the commands that you have mentioned above.

iOHV9Fy.png