Sign in to follow this  
Obby

Fixing the ECO

Within 25 hours the Eco of the server is already ruined.

Either there another dupe has been exploited or the server is just broken as multiple people have maxed cash already and the current main currency is AGS and claws. No one wants cash because it is so easily accessible. 

The fact that all donations were refunded 100% killed the server before it had reopened. 

It was a very difficult decision to perform the eco reset, however by giving donations it was clearly done to keep players happy and not for the good of the server. It was an easier decision than saying no refunds, and dealing with the consequences of it.

Instead of that decision within 1 day $10,000's in donations have been put into a new server within a day, which has killed the server. 

Recommendations;

Restart the ECO and do an item wipe.

Scale refunds on donations-

• If you donated with 2 weeks- 100% refund in game
  • If you donated within 1 month to 2 weeks 75% refund in game
  • If you donated within 2 months - 1 month- 50% refund in game
  • If you donated over 2 months -25% refund + a special item to show OG player

This method is certainly not the quickest thing to implement, however it would save the economy from being flooded with end game items. As more people will donate for those items in the future they will continue to enter the game at a higher rate than normally required. Meaning every player has them and they become worthless. 

This would certainly annoy some players but it would allow the servers ECO to balance more naturally, the players who have stuck around for a longer period of time will naturally stick around. 

Doing another ECO reset will look bad, but having a server where you login as a new player and see the eco is fucked within a day of release is even worse.

If you do not do something to save the ECO the server will die and sink like the titanic, if you do not implement this what do you have planned to save the eco and the server.

• Like 2

Server is stable & eco is stable. Hence why scythe and tbow was removed off donor store thats really all that mattered. They did an eco reset already, why would they choose to do another. makes no sense, this post needs to be deleted or locked. 

Poster above me is retarded or didn't read what you posted OP

Good thread and 100% agree

I can say it was quite depressing seeing someone with a t'bow, full ancestral, faceguard, etc. in the first hour or so of playing. 700 players and about 300+ of them spamming super m'boxes was extremely unsettling.

Not to mention, I donated on the 28th $60 and was given a $60 scroll. A few hours after I donated the server shutdown.. then I had to wait 3 days to be reset, etc. THEN I had to wait an additional 12hours+ to finally receive 595 points added to my account... why they didn't add the +5 extra points and my donator rank to my account makes no sense to me.

Poor management and ultimately a plan.

31 minutes ago, Unlighten said:

Are you sure a dupe has been exploited?

No dupe has been exploited.

WMXlk5c.png