Sign in to follow this  
Raichu

SAVE THE ECO BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

The ECO is crashing and we are losing a lot of player base. Vitality should be #1 OSRSPS. It's literally the complete server but has an issue on gold value. My fix is simple and I think could help the server.

With a PK server, gold is rare to come into the game faster than items because mostly everything is free. Also a select few of people hold most of the cash sum in game and it's only lost by staking.

My fix is to add value to multiple items in the general store. Make it to where certain items can be sold for cash at a good value giving them a BOTTOM price and removing them from the game at the same time, raising demand and lowering supply which will flip the current situation with 0 demand and high supply. 

For example:

Ely 5b - Usually cost around 7-8b

Tbow 4b - Usually cost is around 6b

Scythe 11-12b - Usually 15-17b

PVP armors - A must need after the holloween event.

This will in return add much needed GP flow into the game and tank item counts in the game. It's also a quick way to let this test for a week or so and turn it off when the eco starts to stabalize. It does not need to be a permanent change.

I agree, having a defined bottom for end game items will stabilize what is currently a highly volatile market.

I'm all for this suggestion and I think any variation of it would help the server

I strongly disagree with these changes. 

The game doesn't need forced prices to stabilize the eco.

PKing needs to be brought forward in it's entirety since a lot of people resorted to pvming.
This causes the price of pk-items or items in general to drop because people buy 1 of whatever they need and then go PVM with it.

Halloween event did indeed cause a lot of PVP-items to enter the game. Which is why their prices crashed.
- I think the event should yield different rewards or should be shut down to counter more inflation of PVP-weaponry.

There has been a lot of cash wiped from the game since recent RWT bans on very wealthy people.
They sold most of their items for cheaper prices so they could get more GP to RWT. 

This all resulted in there being less cash but more items.

Economies go through good and bad times. Think we should wait this one out.

As a new player to Vitality this is all I want, I don't really know what the economy is like, and there is no real way to figure it out. A flat bottom price on items would really help this issue, at least from my point of view. Though a big gold sink might be needed to counterbalance it...