Sign in to follow this  
Insidious

Downloading this Stole my osrs Items

I downloaded this game and instantly realized that this was an attempt to get me to use my rs name and password to steal my account info. But  literally as soon as I started playing oldschool runescape (through runelite) something was off.... i logged out and back in and lo and behold... everything stolen. Dont fall for this scam

Edited by Insidious

We don't 'steal or hack' any accounts. Our databases have not been leaked and I believe all of our playerbase can vouch for Vitality in that nothing has ever happened to their information. However, in the spirit of the internet I will give you a friendly general reminder that you should NEVER use the same password across multiple accounts. For example, you should not use the same password for your email as your Old school Runescape account or the same password for your bank account as your Facebook password. But that's just a general good practice for your Internet browsing.

I recommend you do a little checkup here : https://haveibeenpwned.com/ This site will tell you if your email address that you use for OSRS has been in any recent database breaches and therefore you can cross-reference to see if it was the same information.

In the name of transparency, I don't mind leaving this thread open, but like I said - I can promise you that your information was not compromised from us.

• Like 1

Can’t say I didn’t lol at this accusation. 

Sounds like you were phished and tried logging into RS on a masked website pretending to be exact RS website 

I highly Agree with you @7 Dust @LOL SMITED 

@Insidious I'm 100 % sure when you downloaded this game nobody from the staff team would do anything in there power to hack you, it sounds like to me you were either " KEY LOGGED 
" from using a phishy site related to Runescape or whatever you downloaded was not correct.  As James stated ( 7 dust ) NEVER use the same password across multiple accounts. 
That's like asking to get hacked.